Waterside, Patna, nr Ayr
Ayrshire, KA6 7JH
WEBSITE UPDATES - the most recent changes are shown below. Just click on the link to view the page.
ARPG Situations Vacant
The Scottish Industrial Railway Centre is operated by volunteers from the Ayrshire Railway Preservation Group, Charity Number SC 016127.
Copyright 2016 & 2017 Ayrshire Railway Preservation Group. All rights reserved. All images shown are with the Copyright Holders permission.
(page updated 14 Mar 2017 NG)
Ayrshire Railway Preservation Group Situations Vacant
We currently have a number of situations vacant, which we would like to fill as soon as possible. The pay is not particularly attractive, but the rewards are !
1. Sales Officer. You do not require to be a member of the Board of Directors, but it would be desirable. Duties include ordering up new items of stock, overseeing the Souvenir Shop Sales Staff at Dunaskin, and arranging staffing at the various model railway shows attended by the Group. You are not expected to attend all model railway shows, and neither are you expected to attend Dunaskin every Steam Day.
2. Fund Raising Officer. You do not require to be a member of the Board of Directors, but it would be desirable. Duties include searching suitable funding / sponsorship opportunities to assist the Group in its task to grow the Scottish Industrial Railway Centre. The Group can cover its normal operating costs through the season of Steam Days, however, we do require additional funding to develop our Centre, and to ensure the continuation of the steam fleet in an operational condition.
3. Footplate & Brakevan Crew. We currently have vacancies for all positions on our steam hauled passenger train. We require - Ticket Inspectors and Guards to work in the Brakevan, and we have vacancies for Firemen (and women). After successfully passing the relevant training, and gaining the required experience, you can then be considered for training as a Driver.
4. Board Members. We are currently seeking members of ARPG to consider serving on the Board of Directors. At present, the Board meets once per month (usually in Ayr) on a Wednesday evening, and we hope Board members will become more involved in the running of the Group. As you may see from above, we need volunteers to become a Sales Officer and a Fund Raising Officer, but other tasks require to be covered also.
5. Webmaster. We now have a vacancy for someone interested in becoming Webmaster for the www.scottishindustrialrailwaycentre.org.uk website and the original ARPG website. This can be viewed at - www.arpg.org.uk If you have the skills to become our Webmaster, for either website, please contact the Group via the email below -
If you believe you have the skills and talents to fulfil any of the vacancies above, please either email us at -
or telephone -
ARPG Chairman, Bill Clark on 01292 739 179 (evenings only, please), or
ARPG Secretary, Gordon Thomson on 01292 313 579 (evenings only, please)